Translation editor, Strings, Sort by ID

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
mik

Translation editor, Strings, Sort by ID

Post by mik »

In all my forms I can't reliably sort by String ID in Translations->String, although sorting by values in language columns works fine. All my string IDs look like: "prefix_id", for example IDS_1, IDS_201, PROP_a, PROP_b, etc.
It looks like it sorts only by prefix, ignoring everything that follows the first underscore. Can you please check if this is the case? I'm sorry to report it late, I noticed this quite long time ago (a year ?) after some version update - I forgot to report it back then.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

No, it sorts by whole ID including ther part after the underscore. Can you show us the sample of incorrect sorting on your side?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
mik

IDS_

Post by mik »

I checked the sorting patterns, and it looks to me that it is trying to sort names like IDS_nnnn based on the assumption that "nnnn" is always a number, failing to sort appropriately when the part after IDS_ is a text. Could this be the reason? I can send a sample form if needed.

Thanks.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Yes, this could be the reason for sorting problems. We will try to improve this.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.