Datasets in TForms

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
dirk

Datasets in TForms

Post by dirk »

Hi,

I use Delphi 2005 with TSiLang 6.1.0.1

If I place a dataset or clientdataset in a datamodule, the translation editor collects 'Other' properties like LookupResultField etc.
However, if I place the same dataset in a TForm, the translation editor seems to forget collecting these 'Other' properties for datasets (by the way: they aren't excluded)

Why doesn't the editor collect these properties in case of a TForm?

Thanks in advance,

Dirk
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi,

It is strange. We've tested this and TsiLang lists all these properties correctly on either form or data module. Could you please create a smaple project that reproduces this and send it to us?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
dirk

Post by dirk »

It's indeed not possible te reproduce this phenomenon with a simple example.
But nevertheless:
I placed a TsiLangLinked on a rather complex form with several devexpress grids and FIBPlus-datasets
When I remove the grids and then open the tsilang editor, the 'other' properties for lookup-fields suddenly become visible ???
When I place the grids back, the tsilang editor luckily keeps showing the properties he first didn't collect at all.
So I actually can solve this problem by first deleting the grids, then open the editor, close the editor and finally undo the delete of the grids.
I guess it's some kind of properties overload the editor can't swallow :wink:
dirk

Post by dirk »

Hello Igor,

This problems keeps occurring on forms with many components.
Some properties just don't get collected even after clearing the exclude list. (and I already installed version 6.2)

I'm willing to send an example but do you have FIB Plus components?
Otherwise you won't be able to open my forms.
And to what adress can I send an example?

Thanks,

Dirk