Odd Text corruption

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
bigstar

Odd Text corruption

Post by bigstar »

Some of my users have report problems of text corruption.

I haven't been able to figure this out, so I thought maybe someone on the forums can shed some light on this issue.

isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

It looks like TsiLang on this form uses some incorrect settings. May be it has different order of languages in translation or so.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
bigstar

Post by bigstar »

To narrow down the problem we had the user remove all external language files (we have one sib per language, each language file contains 2 languages, english and the translated language).

These screenshots were taken using the default language stored in EXE, and The EXE only contains one language (english), However the problem also occured when using any of our translated languages.

This problem occurs on every form, Also while this problem should only be limited to the visual display, when this occurs the user is unable to properly use the software.

We're talking about compile software that works fine for 1000s of users, however there is a small number (4?) of known cases where this occurs.

When no external language files are found no settings are changed on the TsiLang or TsiLangDispatcher components. The stored property values are used.

If there's any other information I can provide please let me know.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Sorry for the delay. Could you please ask the users which have this problem details about their OS?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
bigstar

Post by bigstar »

I've been working non-stop on this issue, and we've determined the cause.

The problem was caused by a 3rd party application (UltraMon) which uses an application hook, I'm not sure if this problem is limited to specifically my application or if any application using tsiLang is effected.

We determined that a beta version of UltraMon resolved the problem.

Not everyone who was using FlashFXP + UltraMon had this issue.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Thank you very much for letting us know the origin of problem.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.