loading a sil file on a form with new caption, hint etc...

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.

loading a sil file on a form with new caption, hint etc...

Post by Guest »

Hello
On a translated form I have saved my window.sil file and I delete the form window.pas and window.dfm

I Reopened a backup UNtranslated copy window.pas and window.dfm and have added some new caption, hints, ect.....on the form

when I open the tsilang Expert and translate the form, I see all the captions and etc in the translations editor!! and also the new others

but when a try to load my OLD window.sil file (with translation) into this form, all New added strings const disapear, or vanish from the translations editor!!!

my new added caption are correct!

I tryed to merge it but no result!!!

My idee is to load the window.sil file into the form to translate my old captions etc... and next manualy translate the new captions etc and finally save the window.sil file

is there a solution for this problem???????????????

thanx
Thomas Bornhaupt

Post by Thomas Bornhaupt »

hi,

nearly the same bug i have posted under "DLGCaptions" (2)
http://www.sicomponents.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5
. And Igor answers with: "he is working on this"

regards
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

As I can imagine now there is no easy way to perform what you need now. The only correct way I can see is the following:
1. Open old SIL file and add all items to Dictionary Manager
2. Open Translation Editor with new elements included into lists.
3. Select Translate All to translate old elements using dictionary.
4. Save to SIL file result translations and you will have newest translations list created.

We will implement the easier way to perform such operations in next release.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Also you can use SIL Editor application to perform merging of two SIL files. It will merge then quite better.