Working with SIL files

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
DavidD

Working with SIL files

Post by DavidD »

Some questions and observations about working with SIL files:
File | Save/Load Translation | Save Project - the SIL file (Captions) contains blanks even though all my forms siLangLink components have AutoSkipEntries = True. What am I missing?

File | Save/Load Translation | Save Project Properties creates a SIL file for say just Strings. How do I read the file back in? When I use Load Project, it wipes out the translations in all other properties.

When I have the project SIL file open and merge a property SIL file, it always tells me all the items that were missing from the property file. Do I need to pay attention to this? Can I merge just the properties in the smaller file?

Is there a way to merge (or export) just one property section?

Thanks. I really appreciate your quick responses.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

File | Save/Load Translation | Save Project - the SIL file (Captions) contains blanks even though all my forms siLangLink components have AutoSkipEntries = True. What am I missing?
It looks like your SIL file was created before setting this property to True. Since SIL is just INI file format older entries are not deleted when writing newer content.
File | Save/Load Translation | Save Project Properties creates a SIL file for say just Strings. How do I read the file back in?
You can load particular property directly in TsiLang Translation Editor when editing this property.
When I have the project SIL file open and merge a property SIL file, it always tells me all the items that were missing from the property file. Do I need to pay attention to this? Can I merge just the properties in the smaller file?
These are just warning, you can ignore them.
Is there a way to merge (or export) just one property section?
To merge you can use Merge Wizard in SIL Editor. To export- TsiLang Expert with "Save project properties".
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.