Runtime editing

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
alanmcd

Runtime editing

Post by alanmcd »

Version 6.0.3.1
I have my main form with an RT and Dispatcher. I have all other forms which require translation with Link component.
In the expert, if I double click on a form I get the translations for each form separately. I have LoadonCreate True and the storage file assigned. After doing auto translate with Dictionary I get lang switching OK at runtime using a drop down.
On my preferences form I have a button for users to edit translations which calls
Main.siLangRT1.EditAll(); or Main.siLangRT1.EditProperty(stCaptions);
But I cannot, at runtime, see any other captions (or properties) than the main form captions. How does the runtime editor switch to other forms so users can edit other form's properties?
thanks
Alan
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

In order to be able to edit all forms I would recommend you to use the approach described at http://www.tsilang.com/press/en/creatin ... users.html
If you still need to execute editing from your application then you can use TsiLangRTSE instead of TsiLangRT and it will call SIL Editor at run-time to edit the translations file.
Please let me know if this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
timic21

Post by timic21 »

How do you make for editing with SIL Editor with a TsiLangRTSE???
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Just call the EditStrings() method.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
timic21

Post by timic21 »

it is impossible to call EditStrings without this parameters DefPropty and FDelim and I'm not sure what is this parameter. Can you help me.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Code: Select all

EditStrings('Captions', '');
FDelim is not necessary actually and is deprecated.
DefPropty- is default property to select (applicable only while editing SIL file).
You can read the description of this method in help file.

Btw, I would suggest to use the scheme with "external" translations editing as described in http://www.tsilang.com/press/en/creatin ... users.html
But if you need to run editor from your application then you can use this component.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.