Top Level Actions

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
alanmcd

Top Level Actions

Post by alanmcd »

From the FAQ on translating top level actions:
1. For every TActionClientItem without a TAction create a "fake" Action and link them. For example, if your TActionMainMenuBar has a top-level menu item '&File', create a new action FileFile1, set its .Caption property to '&File', and link them.

How do you "link them"
I'm having no success here. I have create a non-categorised action called acnFile - I can see it and translate it in the translation editor, but the top level item remains in english.
Any idea what I'm missing?
Alan
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Just select top-level toolbar-menu item and set its Action property to this acnFile action. To select them just click on them at design-time you will see in Object Inspector selected something like TActionClients[0]. It has Action property which you assign. There is ActionManager demo project in the TsiLang delivery which demonstrates the translation of these items.
Please let me know if this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
alanmcd

Post by alanmcd »

seems to have been a refresh issue in my IDE - I can link it now but for ages there when I was clikcing on the top-level item on the actionmenutoobar, the object inspector wasn;t giving me the item.
thanks
Alan