SiLang Expert and Chinese character

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Deadalus69

SiLang Expert and Chinese character

Post by Deadalus69 »

Hi there,

I started using recently SiLang, and to translate form in french was fairly straight forwards, however when I tried to use chinese, I had to set each component's CHARSET to the GB2312_CHARSET, my first question is can you set it for the whole of the language?

The second question is:
I tried to translate a unit without form and when I entered the translation of the strings (Translation -> String) I get E??? - ????

I have all the language file for windows as the chinese is correctly showing for the other units with a form

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Christophe
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Please take a look at the http://www.tsilang.com/press/en/adding_ ... uages.html article. There you will find instructions to setup settings for Default Fonts. Please adjust them fo Chinese language.
Later under Translation Editor menu Tools | Settings activate Auto-use Default Fonts. This will force Translation Editor to setup the charset defined under Default Fonts for the current languages. (Be sure the language names match in both Translation Editor and Default Fonts).
Additionally, you can right-click on top cell of any language under Fonts section and select Propagate from appeared popup menu. This will propagate the value of selected cell to all cells below.
The second problem indicates that you don't have Default Fonts settings defined for Chinese OR Default Fonts hold different name for Chinese language. Please note: these things are "name sensitive". :)
Please let me know if this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Deadalus69

Post by Deadalus69 »

Hi there,

I tried to follow the direction, but I don't seem to have a menu where there should be one

Could this be a bug?

Christophe
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

The menu name is Default Fonts not Default Languages (as in article). We will correct this soon. It is available under Tools menu of Translation Editor (double-click on TsiLang). Do you see it?

P.S. Do you use latest version?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Deadalus69

Post by Deadalus69 »

Hi,

Here is what I get when I double click on a TSiLang Component:

Top of the window:
Blue border with icon of DBS and title Translation Editor
Just below that the Icons of a yellow folder, save icon (Floppy disk) scissor etc... but no menu in between. Am I missing something?

Christophe[/img]
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Could you please send me the screenshot of your Translation Editor? It looks like something wrong and I would suggest to re-install TsiLang Components Suite.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.