Exclude a class of a given name

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Paul Zip

Exclude a class of a given name

Post by Paul Zip »

One weakness in the exclusion facility tsiLang is the inability to exclude classes of a given type name. OK, you can exclude components (by name), component properties, and Component's Properties but what about ClassNames? For example we have applications with 2000 forms and we do not want our users to be able to edit any of the queries. So I would like to be able to add 'TQuery' to some sort of excluded classnames.

It is simply not feasible to go through every single form / datamodule and exclude objects of that given class - it would take forever - even with the tsiLang facilities provided. We use form / datamodule inheritance and so if we could specify classnames to exclude we could just put TQuery once in our base form TTsiLangRT component and it would propagate through.

It would be a very useful facility, adding great value to Si Components and from a technical level I can't see it would be very difficult to implement. Any chance this could be added?

Another thing worth pointing out is there are many occasions where there are too many things to exclude and it would be easier to specify "Inclusions". E.g. In some of our apps I may only want Top, Left, Width as extended properties that are changeable. To achieve this I have to exclude 1000s of properties, this seems a little ridiculous. Could this be addressed?

Paul
isiticov
Site Admin

Re: Exclude a class of a given name

Post by isiticov »

Paul Zip wrote:It would be a very useful facility, adding great value to Si Components and from a technical level I can't see it would be very difficult to implement. Any chance this could be added?
We will try to add this functionality. Meantime, you can just select any your TQuery component; right-click on it and select Add all TQuery Components in appeared popup-menu.
Another thing worth pointing out is there are many occasions where there are too many things to exclude and it would be easier to specify "Inclusions". E.g. In some of our apps I may only want Top, Left, Width as extended properties that are changeable. To achieve this I have to exclude 1000s of properties, this seems a little ridiculous. Could this be addressed?
Actually, Extended Translations are empty initially. The left-side tree is just a list of all available properties and components. In order to add any property you need to select it and move to the translations list. So you will have to translate only what you need.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.