SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SiLangLinked and Frames

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: SiLangLinked and Frames Reply with quote

Hello,

i have two Questions:

1.)
I make use of many frames in my project and i need to translate the "Hint" property of frames...but it's not available under "Hints"....
Are there any settings that i have to change, or is there a workaround?

2.)
If a Form, or a frame is not part of the Project (displayed in the Projectmanager) it is not possible to simply select the property for the LanguageDispatcher..you have to type the name manuall...why? It works, but not very comfortable.

thanks's
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You can translate the hint of frame using TsiLang component placed on the form where the frame would be embedded. After placing frame on that form its hint will appear in Hints property of TsiLang placed on same form.
2. Because this is how Delphi works and this is not TsiLang issue. You would see the same behaviour with other components as well in similar cases.

Hope this helps.
Bill

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Frams and Hints Reply with quote

Hello,
thanks for the reply... but there is a problem. All my Frames are dynamically created, i can't see a way to translate the hints of those Frames, with a SILang Component on the parent form. What is the difference between the hint of a frame and the caption of a form, for example?
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I would suggest you something like following:
1. Add some string to TsiLang on frame which will hold the translations of frame's hint
2. When creating frame at run-time use smth like:
with TFrame2.Create(Self) do
Hint := siLangLinked1.GetTextOrDefault('IDS_HINT');
Then your dinamically created frames would have hint assigned and translated.
Hope this helps.
Bill

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Frames and Hints Reply with quote

Hello,
ok, i will try it, many thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: