SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Relation between Sil editor and dictionary editor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Relation between Sil editor and dictionary editor Reply with quote

I am trying to convert my software from multilizer to TsiLang. I can import the MPR file into the dictionary editor, but the translator component use SIB/SIL files. What to do?
Chris
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

In SIL Editor you can just use Dictionary -> Auto-Translate and it will translate all automatically from your dictionary.

Please let me know if this helps.
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isiticov wrote:
Hello,

In SIL Editor you can just use Dictionary -> Auto-Translate and it will translate all automatically from your dictionary.

Please let me know if this helps.

I would like to use one form and all forms in my application inherit from that form. The translation should be central, but with sil editor the translation is done per form. How can I do this.

CHris
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that there is not possible to automatically "propagate" changes in internal translations list stored in DFM on base form to all inherited. So once you change strings in base form, child forms will "think" they have different translations and will use translations from the internal lists but not from the inherited.
SIB files editing is performed in "per-form basis" in SIL Editor. SIL files editing is performed in "per-property basis" in SIL Editor.
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isiticov wrote:
The problem is that there is not possible to automatically "propagate" changes in internal translations list stored in DFM on base form to all inherited. So once you change strings in base form, child forms will "think" they have different translations and will use translations from the internal lists but not from the inherited.
SIB files editing is performed in "per-form basis" in SIL Editor. SIL files editing is performed in "per-property basis" in SIL Editor.

I don't understand this completely but I want to maintain one list of translation externally. I send updated translations to my clients. I don't want to use Storage in the dfm files. Does TsiLang support this model?
Chris
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Yes, TsiLang can use external file to store translations. You can use TsiLang Expert to save/load you project translations to SIL/SIB file. In order remove translations from DFM you will need to call Clear Translations from TsiLang Expert's File menu. But please be sure to call this exactly before the release build of your EXE. If you don't care about the DFM size you can keep them in DFM but use actual loading from external file. You can just set FileName property of TsiLangDispatcher and it will automatically load this file into all linked TsiLangs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: