Relation between Sil editor and dictionary editor

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Chris

Relation between Sil editor and dictionary editor

Post by Chris »

I am trying to convert my software from multilizer to TsiLang. I can import the MPR file into the dictionary editor, but the translator component use SIB/SIL files. What to do?
Chris
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

In SIL Editor you can just use Dictionary -> Auto-Translate and it will translate all automatically from your dictionary.

Please let me know if this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Chris

Post by Chris »

isiticov wrote:Hello,

In SIL Editor you can just use Dictionary -> Auto-Translate and it will translate all automatically from your dictionary.

Please let me know if this helps.
I would like to use one form and all forms in my application inherit from that form. The translation should be central, but with sil editor the translation is done per form. How can I do this.

CHris
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

The problem is that there is not possible to automatically "propagate" changes in internal translations list stored in DFM on base form to all inherited. So once you change strings in base form, child forms will "think" they have different translations and will use translations from the internal lists but not from the inherited.
SIB files editing is performed in "per-form basis" in SIL Editor. SIL files editing is performed in "per-property basis" in SIL Editor.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Chris

Post by Chris »

isiticov wrote:The problem is that there is not possible to automatically "propagate" changes in internal translations list stored in DFM on base form to all inherited. So once you change strings in base form, child forms will "think" they have different translations and will use translations from the internal lists but not from the inherited.
SIB files editing is performed in "per-form basis" in SIL Editor. SIL files editing is performed in "per-property basis" in SIL Editor.
I don't understand this completely but I want to maintain one list of translation externally. I send updated translations to my clients. I don't want to use Storage in the dfm files. Does TsiLang support this model?
Chris
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

Yes, TsiLang can use external file to store translations. You can use TsiLang Expert to save/load you project translations to SIL/SIB file. In order remove translations from DFM you will need to call Clear Translations from TsiLang Expert's File menu. But please be sure to call this exactly before the release build of your EXE. If you don't care about the DFM size you can keep them in DFM but use actual loading from external file. You can just set FileName property of TsiLangDispatcher and it will automatically load this file into all linked TsiLangs.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.