SiLangLinked and Frames

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Bill

SiLangLinked and Frames

Post by Bill »

Hello,

i have two Questions:

1.)
I make use of many frames in my project and i need to translate the "Hint" property of frames...but it's not available under "Hints"....
Are there any settings that i have to change, or is there a workaround?

2.)
If a Form, or a frame is not part of the Project (displayed in the Projectmanager) it is not possible to simply select the property for the LanguageDispatcher..you have to type the name manuall...why? It works, but not very comfortable.

thanks's
Bill
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

1. You can translate the hint of frame using TsiLang component placed on the form where the frame would be embedded. After placing frame on that form its hint will appear in Hints property of TsiLang placed on same form.
2. Because this is how Delphi works and this is not TsiLang issue. You would see the same behaviour with other components as well in similar cases.

Hope this helps.
Bill

Frams and Hints

Post by Bill »

Hello,
thanks for the reply... but there is a problem. All my Frames are dynamically created, i can't see a way to translate the hints of those Frames, with a SILang Component on the parent form. What is the difference between the hint of a frame and the caption of a form, for example?
Bill
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Then I would suggest you something like following:
1. Add some string to TsiLang on frame which will hold the translations of frame's hint
2. When creating frame at run-time use smth like:
with TFrame2.Create(Self) do
Hint := siLangLinked1.GetTextOrDefault('IDS_HINT');
Then your dinamically created frames would have hint assigned and translated.
Hope this helps.
Bill

Frames and Hints

Post by Bill »

Hello,
ok, i will try it, many thanks.
Bill