Some general questions

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
moelski

Some general questions

Post by moelski »

Hi @all.

Well we got the full version of TSiLang some weeks ago and I think it´s time for me to implement it now ...
But there are still some general questions in my mind which are unanswered at this time. Hopefully I get some hints here ...

Ok, what I wanna do is the following:
I add the TSiLang component to my app, wrote some additional code to let the user switch the language and export all required language stuff to a SIB file. Now I bring my application online and show the people how to get the SILEditor and how to translate with it.
Until this point I think all is clear ... Now the unclear points ...

1. prob
A user add his new language to the SIB file. How can my application detect this? Is it possible to read all available languages out of a SIB file?

2. prob
Lets say a user adds the new language "A" to his SIB file. Another User adds language "B" to his SIB file and another user adds also language "B" to his file. This files are send to our person which will control the translations.
Whats the best way to merge these stuff to one file? Is it possible to compare the two additional "B" languages?

3. prob
Is it better to use generally one SIB file or multiple SIB files? Both solutions have their advantages and disadvantages. If I use one SIB the handling is maybe easier. If I use multiple SIB files different people can create one languages without the need of merge all languages together.
What about the generall handling in SIBEditor? Is it better to use one file or multiple files here?

Hopefully someone has some answers ...
Greetz Moelski
Haron

Post by Haron »

I suggest you to don't create single and huge SIB file. Do it simple: one SIB for one language. Very easy to make new translations and distribute it. "Language switcher" can find translations using file search in app subdir, as you understand. I see only one problem: how to add new words/terms to all SIBs (as app rise). I can't offer good solution right now. Anyway, this seems VERY simple solution of the original problems, isn't it ?
moelski

Post by moelski »

Hi!

That sounds good. I will test it with a little demo application.

Thx!
Greetz Moelski