SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TsiCustomLang.MergeFromFile : resourcestrings don't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HenrichD

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: TsiCustomLang.MergeFromFile : resourcestrings don't work Reply with quote

Hi,

I'd like to be able to load resourcestring translations at runtime using TsiCustomLang.MergefromFile(stStrings, 'C:\Myfile.sil') and I'm using a registered 5.22 Version of tsilang.

My problem is that translations do not show up if I do that, I always get the native Resourcestring.

(In SiLoadResString, the string returned by S := TsiCustomLang(ResourceHandler).FLangStringsColl.GetTranslationByLang(Result, TsiCustomLang(ResourceHandler).ActiveLanguage) is always empty ('');

I know that TsiCustomlang.LoadAllFromFile works, but I'd like to avoid TsiCustomlang.LoadAllFromFile because it deletes all strings that were added while an external translator translated the sil file.

Is there a fix available or did someone find a workaround ?

Thanks,

Henrich.
HenrichD

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: more update problems Reply with quote

I found another couple of missing updates for tcustomsilang.fstringscoll and
tcustomsilang.fLangstringscoll. Sad Confused

1. Besides resourcestrings, regular strings can't be merged from a file : the same thing happens - the translation from the file (GetText()) never shows up.

2. Assume you call Tsilangrt.EditAll and change a resourcestring translation. Even after switching the language back and forth, this change does not show up.

The same is valid for a regular string (GetText()) because this uses FStringsColl in TsiCustomLang.GetTextFrom :
(Result := FStringsColl.GetTranslationByID(TextID, FActLang))

It seems to me that tsicustomlang.fstringsColl and tsicustomlang.fLangStringsColl are not updated in a lot of situations - and I don't know how to do that manually.

Am I missing something Question

Please help / advice !

Henrich.
gaivans

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

The issues with updating strings have been fixed. The next version release 5.2.3 is currently under beta testing and will be available within a week. If you need the patch promptly please contact us at support@sicomponents.com.
HenrichD

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaivans wrote:
Hello,

The issues with updating strings have been fixed. The next version release 5.2.3 is currently under beta testing and will be available within a week. If you need the patch promptly please contact us at support@sicomponents.com.

Thanks a lot for the quick response. As I found a temporary way to fix it yesterday evening, I'll just wait for the release next week.

Henrich.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: