SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TaskProperties - cannot view

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> VCL Scheduling Agent
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sebapelhan



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: TaskProperties - cannot view Reply with quote

The precompiled demos work great. But if i run them in D7 I cannot view Task properties. The
Code:
TaskPropertiesDialog1.Execute;

command returns exception (CPU window) at
Code:
    Result := PropertySheet(psh) > 0;

in saDialogs unit. What's wrong?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isiticov
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Nov 2002
Posts: 2095

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it fail when you press F9 when CPU window appears? Sometimes there are some breakpoints in some Windows DLL, so may be this is the case?
Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce this on our side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sebapelhan



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When F9 is pressed application runs without showing Task properties.

I expressed myself wrong. I can open Task properties, but when I click Edit in Schedule I get these errors...

When I run app outside Delphi and try to view Schedule/Edit error is returned "Access violation at adress NNNN in module comctrl32.dll. Read of adress MMMM"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isiticov
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Nov 2002
Posts: 2095

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please try this on another PC?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sebapelhan



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works on other comp. Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
orlando



Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: I have the same problem Reply with quote

I have the same problem too.

Strange thing was that it was happening on the demo app too.
Read that the MSTask.DCU file might NOT be the version that came with SiComponents. I do have another MSTask unit in the library path. So I made sure the demo was using that version. And the demo worked.

When I try with my app though... it still did the same thing... perhaps I am not garanteeing that my app is using the SiComp version of MSTask

If you find anymore info, please post.

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
orlando



Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: more info Reply with quote

I compiled the demo app that came with VCL Scheduling Agent.
I thought that maybe it has something to do with conflicting versions of MsTask.pas. And when I removed the other MsTask unit, it seemed to work.
Then the following week, I did a build all on the app and it stopped working again! I renamed the demo.exe to demo_notworking.exe.
I rebooted my PC and recompiled the demo app and it works again. I renamed the demo.exe to demo_works.exe. I compared the EXE's size.

demo_works.exe is about 814KB.
demo_notworking is about 816KB

It's the same source but compiled at different times. I have Norton Anti-virus corporate w/ latest defs and scanned the EXE's and they are fine.

So, I am guessing that somehow, delphi 2006 is compiling a different library into the EXE after some point. Not sure what triggers the library change. I have the EXE's. I don't know if there is a way you would be able to figure it out with the EXE's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
orlando



Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: More info - possible issue found Reply with quote

I noticed that the mstask.dcu that was created/compiled during the build all changed in size periodically.

I also noticed in my windows Add/Remove Programs that there was SiComponents Scheduling Agent 1.0.4 AND 1.0.5.

I decided to do an uninstall of both and reinstall only 1.0.5.

still strange behavior occuring.

Then I noticed something. The demo program has Optimization turn on in the compiler. My app has it turned off. It seems to work in my app when the DCU's for SiComp Agent is optimized. And if fails if I have it off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isiticov
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Nov 2002
Posts: 2095

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much again for detecting this!
This is just some "compiler magic" and we can't detect the origin of problem. We've fixed it by adding {$O+} switch to the end of DEFS.INC file. You can do this on your side as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> VCL Scheduling Agent All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by p h p B B  © 2001, 2005 p h p B B  Group