Custom Control_IDs?

All announcements, questions and issues related to the Resource Builder
Semmel

Custom Control_IDs?

Post by Semmel »

Hi there,
I was wondering whether I could assign Control_ID constants to the controls I dropped on a dialog.
E.g. I like to define a constant for a button IDC_BUTTON_OK.
In my code I Just include a definition header file which contains
#define IDC_BUTTON_OK 101
to use it in function calls as following:
GetDlgItem(hWndParent, IDC_BUTTON_OK)
or
switch (msg)
{
case WM_COMMAND:
if (id == IDC_BUTTON_OK)
// button clicked
}

However with resource builder I just managed to created .rc files with numbers as IDs. Maybe I am missing a point, but to scatter numbers through my code is a nightmare. This way Resource builder is no help to me. Otherwise I like the editor.

Semmel
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi,

This feature is not implemented yet, but we're working under it and hope it will be available in new version.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Semmel

Post by Semmel »

Hi Isiticov,
thanks for the quick reply!
Just to explain my situation: My Visual Studio 2005 Beta2 runs out on May 1st, so I am forced to make a choice between using the free Visual C++ Express together with Resource Builder or go spend approx $ 300 more and buy Visual Studio 2005 Standard. With the 50% discount on Resource Builder there is certainly an alternative since the extra things of Studio Standard, except the Resource designer, like ATL, C#, Basic, MFC.. are not particulary of interest to me.
Concluding, do you have any vague idea when this version you write of will approximately be released ?

Best regards
Semmel
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi Semmel,

Unfortunately, I can't tell you any ETA now. So I would say: "when it will be ready" (C) Dont_Remember_Who.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.