SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Control_IDs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> Resource Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Semmel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Custom Control_IDs? Reply with quote

Hi there,
I was wondering whether I could assign Control_ID constants to the controls I dropped on a dialog.
E.g. I like to define a constant for a button IDC_BUTTON_OK.
In my code I Just include a definition header file which contains
#define IDC_BUTTON_OK 101
to use it in function calls as following:
GetDlgItem(hWndParent, IDC_BUTTON_OK)
or
switch (msg)
{
case WM_COMMAND:
if (id == IDC_BUTTON_OK)
// button clicked
}

However with resource builder I just managed to created .rc files with numbers as IDs. Maybe I am missing a point, but to scatter numbers through my code is a nightmare. This way Resource builder is no help to me. Otherwise I like the editor.

Semmel
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This feature is not implemented yet, but we're working under it and hope it will be available in new version.
Semmel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Isiticov,
thanks for the quick reply!
Just to explain my situation: My Visual Studio 2005 Beta2 runs out on May 1st, so I am forced to make a choice between using the free Visual C++ Express together with Resource Builder or go spend approx $ 300 more and buy Visual Studio 2005 Standard. With the 50% discount on Resource Builder there is certainly an alternative since the extra things of Studio Standard, except the Resource designer, like ATL, C#, Basic, MFC.. are not particulary of interest to me.
Concluding, do you have any vague idea when this version you write of will approximately be released ?

Best regards
Semmel
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Semmel,

Unfortunately, I can't tell you any ETA now. So I would say: "when it will be ready" (C) Dont_Remember_Who.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> Resource Builder All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: