Tools; Translate Babel Problem

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Davidpol

Tools; Translate Babel Problem

Post by Davidpol »

BalbelFish does not respond. Is there a service that we can use in place of Balbel?
Can we modify to use AltaVista or Google for translation service?
Or setup our own service?
Haron

Post by Haron »

What are you talking about ?
Davidpol

Post by Davidpol »

When i try to use the Translation feature (menu bar Tools) the system does not connect. Program waits and then ends without a translation.
I assume that the service is no longer active and the translations are not working.

Same "no response" if I try to translate the using the Language option.

Having a translation feature is important in our applicaiton.
So if the service is not working maybe we would use another one or setup our own.

please advise. Thanks.
Haron

Post by Haron »

1. As I uderstand you talk about Dictionary Manager, not about siLang.
2. I can't confirm that Babel Fish translation is not working (have not internet connection in VM :)).
3. I doubt it is easy to support another translation engines ("on fly"), but I think support will try to fix it.
4. Of course some reporting should be shown in case of Translate failure ("No connection", "No translation", etc.).

For now please be patient and wait.
Davidpol

Post by Davidpol »

Yes. Our app invokes the Dictionary Manager.
We are going to let the users add words to their own dictionary.

Our user interface is using a secured dictionary for translating the program's user interface.

We will work with you. Almost ready to ship our app and translation features is a major advantage (selling point).

Will show you the app once we ship. Great example of using your tools.

Thanks
Haron

Post by Haron »

Mine ?! I'm just a user, not a developer :))
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

Actually, BabelFish service is stopped and there is now news on when it will be back online. So as one idea could be to try to use http access to Google or Altavista services and parse the return of their web forms. But you will need to investigate this quite deeply before implementing.
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Davidpol

Post by Davidpol »

I cannot find any news regarding BabelFish service. I did find a Delphi component that uses the Google an dother translations but the function seem unreliable and slow. See:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... p_id=59068

I very much need to have translation of simple words as part of the application. Major help would be for the user to have the words translated.

I am even planning to implement our own server to translate so clients can have a reliable serivce.

Hoping that the developers are looking at these posts.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Yes, we're looking and as you already mentioned existing solutions for automatic translation don't provide reliable service. Once there will be found anything that could be used we will try to support it.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.