SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Usage of BWCC32

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> Resource Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlosmora

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Usage of BWCC32 Reply with quote

Congrats for the new version. The support of BWCC32 makes this product unique.
I have a resources only DLL, with dialogs based on controls from BWCC, the buttons that changes the bitmap using the ID + 1000, 3000 & 5000
I imported the dll into a new project, but the buttons doesnt show the images. Is this the spected behavoir?

Regards.
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actual behavior of custom controls will be possible to test only in your application, because when creating preview for dialogs Resource Builder doesn't build the whole resources into memory but the dialog only and this could be a reason that your bitmap are not visible in the Test Dialog function.
Does this help?
carlosmora

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: bwcc32 Reply with quote

Ok, yes, I understand that. But... Im not sure, may be the project must be treated un a whole thing and not partially by dialog. Just think about this, but it seems reasonable, dont? The resource editor of bcc 5.02 does this, load the resources of the project while you edit, so it looks more wysiwyg.

Another point. I have a dll with special controls that I use in Borland Workshop. I configured RB to load that dll, but does not shows the controls in the dll. May be im not following the right steps to load it.

Regards.
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: bwcc32 Reply with quote

carlosmora wrote:
Ok, yes, I understand that. But... Im not sure, may be the project must be treated un a whole thing and not partially by dialog. Just think about this, but it seems reasonable, dont? The resource editor of bcc 5.02 does this, load the resources of the project while you edit, so it looks more wysiwyg.

We will try to find a way to improve this.

Quote:
Another point. I have a dll with special controls that I use in Borland Workshop. I configured RB to load that dll, but does not shows the controls in the dll. May be im not following the right steps to load it.

Resource Builder acts exactly as described in Resource Workshop help. Your DLL must implement ListClasses, Info and other functions to provide information about available classes.
The installation package includes the sample CC DLL that was created with Delphi that demonstrates this (sorry, I don't have C++ example).
Please let me know if this helps.
carlosmora

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a DLL with controls I didnt built, and just shows the control in the dll with correct types for the code. Can I send you that dll so you can check what is going wrong?

Regards
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please send it to support_at_sicomponents_dot_com and we will check it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> Resource Builder All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: