Usage of BWCC32

All announcements, questions and issues related to the Resource Builder
carlosmora

Usage of BWCC32

Post by carlosmora »

Congrats for the new version. The support of BWCC32 makes this product unique.
I have a resources only DLL, with dialogs based on controls from BWCC, the buttons that changes the bitmap using the ID + 1000, 3000 & 5000
I imported the dll into a new project, but the buttons doesnt show the images. Is this the spected behavoir?

Regards.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

The actual behavior of custom controls will be possible to test only in your application, because when creating preview for dialogs Resource Builder doesn't build the whole resources into memory but the dialog only and this could be a reason that your bitmap are not visible in the Test Dialog function.
Does this help?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
carlosmora

bwcc32

Post by carlosmora »

Ok, yes, I understand that. But... I´m not sure, may be the project must be treated un a whole thing and not partially by dialog. Just think about this, but it seems reasonable, don´t? The resource editor of bcc 5.02 does this, load the resources of the project while you edit, so it looks more wysiwyg.

Another point. I have a dll with special controls that I use in Borland Workshop. I configured RB to load that dll, but does not shows the controls in the dll. May be i´m not following the right steps to load it.

Regards.
isiticov
Site Admin

Re: bwcc32

Post by isiticov »

carlosmora wrote:Ok, yes, I understand that. But... I´m not sure, may be the project must be treated un a whole thing and not partially by dialog. Just think about this, but it seems reasonable, don´t? The resource editor of bcc 5.02 does this, load the resources of the project while you edit, so it looks more wysiwyg.
We will try to find a way to improve this.
Another point. I have a dll with special controls that I use in Borland Workshop. I configured RB to load that dll, but does not shows the controls in the dll. May be i´m not following the right steps to load it.
Resource Builder acts exactly as described in Resource Workshop help. Your DLL must implement ListClasses, Info and other functions to provide information about available classes.
The installation package includes the sample CC DLL that was created with Delphi that demonstrates this (sorry, I don't have C++ example).
Please let me know if this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
carlosmora

Post by carlosmora »

I have a DLL with controls I didn´t built, and just shows the control in the dll with correct types for the code. Can I send you that dll so you can check what is going wrong?

Regards
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Yes, please send it to support_at_sicomponents_dot_com and we will check it.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.