problems with some controls...

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Rafal

problems with some controls...

Post by Rafal »

Hi,
I have almost decided to use your siLang component when I came across some problems… I have tested it with a few our controls and it worked fine but then translating ordinary buttons (TButton), instead of Polish diacritics (I’m translating English into Polish) I get some garbage marks. It is strange because with TBitBtn it works fine. I’ve got the same problem with the menu and form captions… I’m using English version of Windows XP and Delphi 6 with all the updates. I don’t know what I am doing wrong. Could you help please? It is very urgent to me. Please contact me on my e-mail if you need any further information (screenshots etc.). Many thanks in advance.
There is one more minor problem: the combination of right alt +s and right alt+a are used to enter two of Polish diacritics. When using your translation editor, those keys bring some dialogs up. Is it possible to turn those key shortcuts off?
Best regards
Rafal
rafal@bykowce.pl
Haron

Re: problems with some controls...

Post by Haron »

> I’ve got the same problem with the menu and form captions…

Check you have propery charset and font set for these objects. Maybe you set "ParentFont = False" ?

> the combination of right alt +s and right alt+a are used

This is UI bug of Translation Editor. Igor will fix it later. Of course only Ctrl + <char> should be used.
Rafal

Post by Rafal »

Hello,
I did try setting ParentFont to false but it didn't work... This is strange because the properties of the controls seem to be the same, yet some of them work fine and some do not...
The other thing is that every time I open Translation Editor by double clicking on the TsiLang icon, the new, duplicated lines appear for the same controls in the CharSets table.

Please have a look at the screenshot:

I'd be grateful for any help

Best regards
Rafal
Haron

Post by Haron »

> I did try setting ParentFont to false but it didn't work

You should set it to True to inherite form settings.

> duplicated lines appear for the same controls in the CharSets table. Please have a look at the screenshot

Very interesting, but I don't see any file at URL given.
Rafal

Post by Rafal »

Hi Haron,
thanks for your reply.
I was trying to set ParentFont to True and False but it didn't change a thing...
Could you just copy and paste http://rafal.co.uk/untitled.PNG into your browser and check whether you can see the picture, please?
Cheers
Rafal
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

Sorry for delay with reply.
The problem with TButton and some other controls is that they are just wrappers of Windows controls and draw themselves using Default System locale. This is described here http://www.sicomponents.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12 So the only way to perform this is to set either:
1. Default Locale to Polish
2. Replace controls with "OwnerDraw" components like TButton with TBitBtn and so on.
3. Replace controls with Unicode analogues, like TNTControls from http://www.tntware.com

We'll try to fix the problem with shortcuts.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.