Merge function not available from the internal editor

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
MainSoft

Merge function not available from the internal editor

Post by MainSoft »

Hi,

Why is this?

I have translations (coming from various countries as separate SIL files) that I want to add to the current translations. Since I can't merge directly from the internal editor, I have to create an intermediate SIL file containing all the current translations, load it in the external editor and then merge the new translation. Then I go to the internal editor and load the intermediate SIL file.

I'm wondering why things must be so unpractical. Or did I miss something? Using "File | Merge Form" from the expert window is not what I want, of course.

Thanks.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,
You can load SIL file directly from TsiLang Expert for all forms at once. Does this help?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
MainSoft

Post by MainSoft »

Hi,
isiticov wrote: You can load SIL file directly from TsiLang Expert for all forms at once. Does this help?
No. As I said, I have existing translations in the project (say, english and french). I distributed SIL files containing the english translation to various translators. Now they are returning me their own translations. So I have a SIL file containing english+italian, another containing english+portuguese,etc.

Now I want to incorporate italian, portuguese, german,... into the project. I can't use the internal editor because it loads (that is, replaces) existing forms. In the process it would replace the existing translations. So I have to proceeed as described above.

Your suggestion assumes that the SIL file that I distribute contains all the other translations, including those that are created by other translators. This is not a real life case. This implies that I can only distribute a single SIL file "in sequence": I send the english+french file to the german translator. He returns me the english+french+german file, which I now send to the italian translator, who returns me the english+french+german+italian file, and so on... This is obviously counter productive. I can't imagine working this way.

Regards.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Thanks for clarifications. We will add the Load Language functionality to TsiLang Expert. Will this help?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
MainSoft

Post by MainSoft »

isiticov wrote:Thanks for clarifications. We will add the Load Language functionality to TsiLang Expert. Will this help?
Yes, if it works like the Merge command in the external editor, this will solve the problem.

Thanks.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr