Only one TsiCustomLang component per Form/DataModule allowed

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
MainSoft

Only one TsiCustomLang component per Form/DataModule allowed

Post by MainSoft »

Hi,

After installing the latest version (6.0.0.4), I got this message when opening the editor for some forms. However I don't have multiple TsiCustomLang components on these forms, I don't even have one and there's no such component in my palette.

???

The editor loads correctly, though. The message no longer appears afterwards.

Known problem?
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

TsiCustomLang is just a base class for all TsiLangX components.
This is strange that you have such error. Does this error appears for all forms or just for some "special" forms?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
MainSoft

Post by MainSoft »

isiticov wrote:TsiCustomLang is just a base class for all TsiLangX components.
This is strange that you have such error. Does this error appears for all forms or just for some "special" forms?
This happened only with some forms but I can't find any pattern. And now the problem has disappeared so I can't reproduce. I'll tell you if it comes back.

Regards.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
MainSoft

Post by MainSoft »

Hi,

I'm not sure but it seems that it happens only once when loading SIL files created by TsiLang 5 in the version 6 editor.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Thank you for details. This is strange and we will try to find a reason for that.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
MainSoft

Post by MainSoft »

Maybe this is related but I also observed that I sometimes get an error message about missing language data when loading SIL files saved from the internal editor into the external editor. In many cases, an empty, unnamed language column has been created when saving the data and the external editor complains about this when loading.

When this happens, I have to manually remove the extra empty column.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

May be to use SIB file instead of SIL to prevent this? Also there is checkbox "Add extra languages" in the warning form when opening SIL file, so you can unchek it and no additional language will be added.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
MainSoft

Post by MainSoft »

isiticov wrote:May be to use SIB file instead of SIL to prevent this? Also there is checkbox "Add extra languages" in the warning form when opening SIL file, so you can unchek it and no additional language will be added.
Yes, but there's no reason that I get this warning dialog if everything is already ok (no extra column when I save the SIL file).
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
MainSoft

Post by MainSoft »

Problem confirmed.

I just saved a very simple form as SIL from the internal editor. No problem with this form, 3 languages defined. Everything works fine.

Then I try to open the SIL file in the external editor and I got the warning window that you can find below

The SIL file is here

http://www.mainsoft.fr/Files/about.zip

If I uncheck the "Add extra language" option (no extra column in that case), modify the SIL file and then save it, the problem is still there when I reload.

If I leave the "Add extra language" option checked (one extra column added in that case), remove the extra column and then save the file, the problem is no longer there when I reload.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Fixing this now... Thank you.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.