Newbie trouble: doing things in the right order?

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Andre Beuving

Newbie trouble: doing things in the right order?

Post by Andre Beuving »

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but is it normal procedure:
- to enter the number of languages and their names in the TsiLangDispatcher as well als the TsiLang? Don't the two communicate?
- To close the project and reopen before I can see all languages in a TsiLangCombo?

:?

Has this something to do with the order in which one adds components? If so, what is the right order?
I added TsiLang, entered nr. of languages and names, created dataunit with Dispatcher, set Dispatcher property of TsiLang , created LangCombo and set Lang/Dispatcher properties.

TIA, André
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

When you link TsiLang to TsiLangDispatcher it automatically propagates the dispatcher's settings to TsiLangs.
So, the "normal" order would be:
1. Create TsiLang(s)
2. Create dispatcher
3. Link TsiLang(s) to dispatcher
4. Configure language settings in dispatcher
5. You might need to open all forms in IDE in order these settings propagated to TsiLang on those forms
6. After all settings are done place TsiLangCombo and link to dispatcher.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Andre Beuving

Thanks! Proposed changes in Help.

Post by Andre Beuving »

Isiticov,

Your proposed order works perfectly!

Remarks, maybe to improve the help file :wink: :
- you might want to add the proposed order to the helpitem of the dispatcher. And add the fact that the dispatcher is propagating the names as well.
- A TsiLangCombo can be linked to the dispatcher as well as the TsiLang. Link to the TsiLang should not be used if linked to a dispatcher (I presume. This probably caused my problems combined with the order). Maybe this is an issue for the Helpitem of the TsiLangCombo as well

Thanks

André