Update *.sib File

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Surrounder

Update *.sib File

Post by Surrounder »

I craeted a *.sib File and we translated it in other languages. I still have to change a lot at the souce code and I still need to add components and Strings to my project.

What I don´t get is how I can update the *.sib File with the new added language stuff? When I save my project with the TsiLang Expert I always get a new *.sib file and my old translations are gone. How can I update the already existing *.sib File and keep the translated stuff:?:
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

You need to load first SIB file to project and after that save it back. This will keep existing translations and add new components. But :!: :!: :!: please be aware that this won't work with Strings section. I mean, if you have added new strings in Strings section of any TsiLang loading old SIB will delete newly created strings. So in this case you have to worry? Please let me know if you have the case with new strings and we will try to provide a solution for this.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Surrounder

Post by Surrounder »

Yes I have this case, but I figured out that I can use SIL Editor to add the Sting and the problem should be solved. I add the stirngs by hand so that I can define the StringID on my own.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Even more, you can just select range of cells corresponding for newly create strings in Translation Editor; copy them to Clipboard; load old SIB; add respective amount of rows to Strings section and select them; paste Clipboard data back and you will have new strings pasted.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Surrounder

Post by Surrounder »

ok, thanks for quick response