TChart problems

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
pablobr

TChart problems

Post by pablobr »

Hi all,

Well, in my application I have severals charts. I used the ExtendedTranslations property to translate the properties I needed.
Now comes the problem... at my DataModule´s ONCreate event I read a .INI file and set the right language. But dont know why, the extended translations (Charts title, axis title, etc...) dont work.
At the application I have an option to change the language. If I set the language to the same language, the extended translations now works.

Ps: I use the event siLangDispatcher1.LoadAllFromFile on both methods, on the oncreate event and on the option inside the application.

Hope anyone could help me...

Best regards

Pablo
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

May be the form with chart is created after the loading of file is performed and the loaded file doesn't have translations for chart (please check this http://www.tsilang.com/delphiglobalizat ... aq.html#19 in order to be sure your loading is correct).
In case this doesn't help please try to reproduce this behavior on sample project and send it to us. We will try to investigate and to find the reason for this.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
pablobr

finally

Post by pablobr »

I heard about the loadallfromfile here on the forum, and I was using it wrong.
Now it work´s. :D

Really Thanks
pablobr

What the...

Post by pablobr »

Hi all,

Mine extended translations was supposed to work until now!
But it doesn´t work anymore. I checked and the form with the charts is created later then the loadallfromfile function.
I lost about more than 10 hours trying to fix it and nothing until now!

Anyone have a suggestion?

Please,

Pablo
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

May be SIL/SIB file was recreated or corrupted somehow?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
pablobr

Post by pablobr »

Well it´s working now, but I don´t know why...

The last time it worked, all I had done was to translate the .SIB´s extended strings and use LoadAllFromFile function.

But this time I had to translate the .SIB´s extended strings and then get back to Delphi and click on File --> Save/Load Translations --> Load Form(s) and load the strings translated from my .SIB file.

Any ideia on what could be the problem?

Regards,

Pablo
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

No idea except: SIB didn't contain translations for those strings.
But I doubt this is applicable :)
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
pablobr

Post by pablobr »

I concluded that the LoadAllFromFile is not working for my extended translations, because I removed the LoadAllFromFile´s call and the extended translations keep working fine.

Well, its better working like this than when it was not supposed to work. I think this is very uncomon.

Regard,

Pablo
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

This is strange but we just checked and LoadAllFromFile loads extended as well.
Are you able to reproduce the problem on simple project and send it to us?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
pablobr

Post by pablobr »

isiticov wrote:This is strange but we just checked and LoadAllFromFile loads extended as well.
Are you able to reproduce the problem on simple project and send it to us?
Well, I tried to reproduce it, but without success.
So, I did a few tests on my application and concluded that only on a specific Form this happens.
I created a new form with a TChart on it and the extended translations works fine.
I checked and the form with problems isn´t created after the LoadAllFromFile function. I really don´t know what to do.
Any ideia?

Regards,

Pablo
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Absolutely no idea :(
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.