Problem with asian (korean) language e.g. MessageDlg, ...

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
kuv-vokl

Problem with asian (korean) language e.g. MessageDlg, ...

Post by kuv-vokl »

Hello,

what is about the translation in the tsilang MessageDlg funtion ?
The button are "TButton" and the caption of the dialog-form has not the right charset. Is there any reason for donig so in that dialog ?

I know there problems with some components, but wht is with :
- the forms caption
- the TCkeckbox
- the TPagecontrol
- the TTabControl

I have read something about the "Ownerdraw"-Event.
Can anybody give me some examples for the ownerdraw source for the different components.

Thank you in advance.

Klaus
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

First question could be: do you need it to correctly display under your OS or under your customer's OS, which has Korean as default locale? Delphi forms (an MessageDlg form is usual Delphi form) and other mentioned in your post controls are wrappers of OS controls and draw themselves using default code page defined by user. So in case you will have set Korean as your default locale under Regional Settings then all will be shown absolutely correct. Is this what is needed? :)
kuv-vokl

Post by kuv-vokl »

Thank you for quick reply.

I know that there are some differences between the controls.
Some are "wrappers" and some not.
I hope it wolud be correct under the customers OS, and would be nice under my OS on my developing pc.

Please, answer:
1) Why do you use the "TButton" controls in the "tsilang.MessageDlg" ?
2) Is there any way to ownerdraw the mentioned controls(please give some example)
3) What do you exactly mean with "default locale" ? - is this the ComboBox under "Language for programs, that do not support unicode" ?

Thank you for your help.

Klaus
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

kuv-vokl wrote: Please, answer:
1) Why do you use the "TButton" controls in the "tsilang.MessageDlg" ?
Because we use it in the same way as Delphi does itself. We just introduced the ability to retrieve translated captions but didn't change anything other in order to have the same view as you would have using Delphi's methods.
kuv-vokl wrote:2) Is there any way to ownerdraw the mentioned controls(please give some example)
For example for TComboBox:

Code: Select all

procedure TForm1.ComboBox1DrawItem(Control: TWinControl; Index: Integer;
  Rect: TRect; State: TOwnerDrawState);
begin
  with TComboBox(Control).Canvas do
  begin
    FillRect(Rect);
    TextOut(Rect.Left + 2, Rect.Top + 2, TComboBox(Control).Items[Index]);
  end;
end;
This simple code already will draw combo box items correctly depending on charset used.
kuv-vokl wrote:3) What do you exactly mean with "default locale" ? - is this the ComboBox under "Language for programs, that do not support unicode" ?
Yes, this one.