Languages are removed when opening form

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
wimbekker

Languages are removed when opening form

Post by wimbekker »

Hi,

I have one project with a TsiLang component on a TDataModule (using BCB6PRO, TsiLang version 5.2.0). If I load a project, I have three languages with some translations. When I double click the component, I can change all.

When I view the form as text (Alt-F12), I see NumOfLanguages = 3 and LangNames.Strings = (<three languages>). When I toggle the form back (Alt-F12), the languages are removed, and so are all translations. I'm left with LanguageN1! :cry: This sometimes also happens on other projects, but I cannot put a finger on it yet.

Is this a known problem and hopefully fixed in 5.2.1 :?:
What can I do to prevent this or to debug things to see where it goes wrong :?:

Any help please :!:

Wim
gaivans

Post by gaivans »

Hello,

We could not reproduce the problem in the framework of the version 5.2.1. Do you use a TsiLangDispatcher in your project? Possibly, the TsiLang on DataModule is linked to a Dispatcher that have no languages defined (Language N1 only).

If you can reproduce the situation on a small test project, please send it us so that we would analyze the problem.
Best regards,
Serghei Gaivan
wimbekker

Post by wimbekker »

Hmm, TsiLangDispatcher->LangNames is "LanguageN1". Should this read the three language names we use? It looks so.

Is it possible that these strings are filled in by the TsiLang Expert? For default by example?

Wim
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Yes, you should set the correct NumOfLanguages and LangNames in TsiLangDispatcher in case it is used in your project. Because dispatcher propagates these properties to all TsiLangs linked to it. TsiLang Expert can set the default number of languages and their name only for TsiLang and its descendant. Unfortunately, this couldn't be done for dispatcher component.