SIL-File problem: too many languages

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Peter Müller-Mannhardt

SIL-File problem: too many languages

Post by Peter Müller-Mannhardt »

When I use the TsiLang Wizzard to create an SIL-File for external translation I run nto the following problem: The TsiLang Files Editor shows a cuple of "to many languages" errors. A close look at the generated SIL-File shows, that the [collections] section is not OK:

[Collections]
TfrmMainPersonal.cbar_Records.Bands-0+.Text=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.cbar_Tree.Bands-0+.Text=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.cbarMain1.Bands-0+.Text=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.cbarMain2.Bands-0+.Text=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns-0+.FieldName=Ampel~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns-0+.ImeName=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns-0+.PickList=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns-0+.Title.Caption=Indicator~!@#$Ampel~!@#$Indicator~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns-1+.FieldName=Memo~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns-1+.ImeName=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns-1+.PickList=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
:
:
As you can see, the nr of languages changes from 3 (is OK) to 4 (is NOK) occasionaly.
From inside the delphi IDE everything works fine. What can I do to generate correct SIL Files? My TsiLang is Build : 5.3.1.1)
Peter
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

First at all: SIL shows warning not error about this. :)
The casual extra languages don't interfere to the behavior and will be just skipped when loading into TsiLangs.
Next, you can open TfrmMainPersonal and check the amount of languages in TsiLang placed on it. Since it looks like it has 4 languages.
Peter Müller-Mannhardt

Ok I see that the warnings can be ignored - but on the other hand there must be something wrong. :(
There are only 3 languages definded at TfrmMainPersonal, and that is also what TsiLang shows. But as you can see, [Collections ] shows 3 languages up to row 4 then 4 languages at row 5, again 3 languages for rows 6 and 7, 4 languages for line 8 and 9 etc... Confusing :? , at least for me (and the TsiLang Files Editor ...). Is that really the normal behaviour?
PMM
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Yes, I agree this is strange.
May be there is no more TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments or TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns at all? And SIL file was created when it was presented and TsiLang had 4 languages.
Peter Müller-Mannhardt

Too many languages

The TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments is allready present (it is a TjvDbGrid if that helps) and I can't remember if I ever had tried more than 3 languages. Any idea how to get rid of it?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Just open this file in SIL Editor (without adding extra languages), change anything and save.