const strings in a unit..

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
bushtor

const strings in a unit..

Post by bushtor »

Hi,

I have a unit (w/o) form which I (re)use in a lot of my apps. In this unit there is a few const strings to translate. I used the Expert's File/Const section /Wihtout form wizard to include this strings in this apps particular tsilang component. This worked nicely.

However when I want to use the same unit (w/o form) and its translation in another app which does not use the first app's tsilang component, how can I most elegantly do that? Does it exist a way to hardcode something into this unit which is recognized by or assigned to another tsilang component?

I'm really amazed how easy it was to use this tool, thanks for providing it ;-) I just have another small wish:

When in the Translation Editor, I cannot select many rows from one language and copy the contents to another language. That would be nice. Now I need to select one by one, which is very slow.

Another one: Can I change the default source code constant string prefix from 'str' to anything else...?

best regards

Tor
isiticov
Site Admin

Re: const strings in a unit..

Post by isiticov »

bushtor wrote:However when I want to use the same unit (w/o form) and its translation in another app which does not use the first app's tsilang component, how can I most elegantly do that? Does it exist a way to hardcode something into this unit which is recognized by or assigned to another tsilang component?
The most easy way would be to create a datamodule with TsiLang and use it as container for strings from this unit. Later you will just use both unit and datamodule in several projects.
When in the Translation Editor, I cannot select many rows from one language and copy the contents to another language. That would be nice. Now I need to select one by one, which is very slow.
Just select range of cells using SHIFT+Arrows, copy and paste into another language range of cells. :)
Another one: Can I change the default source code constant string prefix from 'str' to anything else...?
TsiLang Expert -> Options -> Strings in Source
bushtor

Re: const strings in a unit..

Post by bushtor »

isiticov wrote: The most easy way would be to create a datamodule with TsiLang and use it as container for strings from this unit. Later you will just use both unit and datamodule in several projects.
Thanks I thought of that, I just wanted to check if you had other solutions up in the sleeve ;-)
When in the Translation Editor, I cannot select many rows from one ...

Just select range of cells using SHIFT+Arrows, copy and paste into another language range of cells. :)
OK I didn't try using the keyboard :-| Maybe you could add support for mouse selection later - it shouldn't be more than a few lines of code ;-)

Thanks again for quick replies and an excellent product

Tor